I am officially 23, a seemingly unimportant birthday, I have been reflecting on things that I have learnt in my insignificant time on this earth.
2019 has been a year of growth, I have gained a better understanding of myself and my values and I have tried hard to self-improve. I thought I would share with you all 23 things I have learnt in 23 years:
1. Adulting is hard, do things that make you feel like a kid again. Adult life and working full-time can be really draining, make sure you spend time doing things you love.
2. Sometimes good people do bad things.
3. Don’t be so judgemental, everyone is going through different things in all walks of life. I used to be quite judgemental of others, this is something that I have really tried to avoid doing, as you never know that other persons path.
4. Sometimes you need to let go in order to be happy.
5. Audiobooks are great. I’ve been listening to audio books during my commute and I have been really enjoying listening to books that have been on my TBR (to be read) list, it helps you find time to read essentially!
6. Keeping in touch is hard. When you get into your twenties, sometimes it’s difficult to keep in touch with people who are important to you. Those friends that will catch up with you after a few weeks or months of not talking, are the real ones.
7. Always bring snacks. You never know when you will be hungry, always keep a cereal bar in your handbag.
8. Time is the most valuable currency.
9. Nothing is more important than your health. Always listen to your body, if you don’t feel very well you should rest. Both physical and mental health.
10. JOMO is better than FOMO. The fear of missing out is something I really struggled with, I’ve started liking staying at home and just relaxing rather than putting myself in trouble financially or with my health to go out.
11. Yoga is life changing. Do it often, stretch, enjoy.
12. High heels are not for me. I cannot walk in them, they hurt and I’ve decided that I am done with them.
13. Try and learn new things, often. Read books, listen to podcasts and listen to others.
14. Getting a fine for a driving offence sucks. Getting a letter through the post demanding you pay £60.00 for accidentally driving in a bus lane, is the WORST.
15. Blood isn’t thicker than water (you know that saying). Family is so much more than DNA you may share with someone.
16. Know when to apologise.
17. Know not when to apologise.
18. Take a break, otherwise you will burn out.
19. A full calendar does not equal a full life. The busier you are, it does not equal success or a rich social life.
20. Get comfortable with being alone. You will have a lot of alone time, it’s good to feel happy in your own company.
21. What you eat effects your body. If I eat shi*t, I will feel like sh*t.
22. Don’t care what others think.
23. Focus on the good things.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, feel free to comment your life learnings!