Podcasts have grown in popularity in recent years and I have started to click on the Podcast app, over the Spotify app when I put my headphones in. I listen to several podcasts and I am guilty of listening to them when I’m supposed to be ‘unplugged’ but they are a great way to get out of your own world and experience another.
I thought I would share a few of my favourite podcasts with you all. There are many but I will try my best to select a top 5.
5. The Infinite Monkey Cage, hosted by physicist Brian Cox and comedian Robin Ince never fails to fascinate me with science. I have never really payed much attention to the science world but this podcast is one of the most interesting I have come across. Each episode covers a different topic and goes into depth about it’s origins. Science of Laughter is one episode I enjoyed recently!
4. The Slow Home Podcast is hosted by Brooke McAlary and her husband Ben. Each episode is a rest in itself, they focus on how to slow down in this busy world we live in. They talk about their own experiences with slow living, as well as interviewing others which I find a nice mixture. I get tips of how I can incorporate slow living into my own life, as well as taking time to slow down to listen to the podcast itself.
3. Secret Dinosaur Cult, hosted by Sofie Hagen and Jodie Mitchell diving into their daddy issues as well as some dinosaur facts, just to switch things up a little. This podcast is one that never fails to make me laugh out loud, often with tears. This one comes with a slight warning, not for those who are easily offended!
2. The High Low hosted by Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes. They are currently on a break as Pandora has just given birth, so I have been deprived from content but I would definitely recommended going back through the archives to listen to some older episodes. I started listening initially as I am rather in love with Dolly Alderton, her writing is beautiful and I was just as encapsulated with the podcast. They go through the things you should know in the pop culture world as well as any current affairs issues. It’s the perfect combination of serious content and being lighthearted. I especially love the book recommendations that they share weekly, listening to this podcast has made my Good Reads wish list significantly longer.
- Serial is an investigative journalism podcast hosted by Sarah Koenig, narrating a nonfiction story over multiple episodes. I’m currently on Series 2, which dives deep into the story of Bowe Bergdahl, the Army solider who was held captive from 2009 to 2014 by the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network in Afghanistan and Pakistan after he deserted. They report the story in a way which keeps you wanting to listen more, I find myself forming opinions about the cases they cover and thinking about them afterwards. It’s one to savour, enjoy every episode and focus in on the case.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment or tweet me if you have any podcast recommendations or let me know if you enjoy any of the above.